Pages

project your goodness; you never know who will see.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Church Shopping

Dear God,
   This past Sunday I attended a new church. I even stepped out of social comfort zone and met new people. Like, A LOT of new people. But I enjoyed myself and had my best friend with me. But I've been thinking...
   Since I've started asking, "Where do you want me to work?" I thought I should start asking, "Where do you want me to attend church?" Especially now that I have the opportunity to visit multiple churches, I don't want to pick any random ol' church. They're everywhere! I want to know where I can best serve and worship you. Where is that?
   If I ever get frustrated looking for a church, or worried that I'm too socially awkward to fit in (although, if there's any one place where socially awkward people reside, it's church). I don't want to miss out on the community that will give as much as take; and a community that rightfully expects the same of me.
   ...anyway, yeah.
   Help me not be so cynical when I walk into a sanctuary (whether a rented hall or historical site). You know how cynical I can be.
   Thank you.
   I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment