Pages

project your goodness; you never know who will see.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2014

please don't brighten at the sight of me

please don't brighten at the sight of me,
you don't know who i am. 
i'm glad you appreciate my face
and probably my other features...
BUT you haven't given yourself a chance to meet me. 
really, you've only see me
stand here.
what if you don't like the way i walk or run? 
or the way i brush back my hair with my hands? 
what if you hate my other outfits? 
especially how indecisive i am when i shop?
i guarantee i'll re-construct your sentences; i'll probably diagram them.
complain about a writer's cliches.

i'm glad you appreciate my face,
but you have yet to look under my leather bound covers 
to shuffle through worn, willing vanilla-scented pages. 
what if you find vanilla too boring? 

please don't brighten at the sight of me because 
you're inciting me to do the same.
frankly, i might be more willing to peruse your pages, than you would mine: 
that's what really scares me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment