Pages

project your goodness; you never know who will see.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Job hunts are like relationships. Bad relationships.

Dear Justine,
   Thank you very much for your interest in ----. We appreciate your time and effort. Although your background and experience is extensive, we have decided to move forward with other candidates that best fit the position. We wish you great success in your career search.
You wish me 'great success'? My 'background and experience is extensive' but apparently, I'm still lacking. Generally, every candidate will lack something, but I obviously lacked that one thing. That one thing!

You know that movie He's Just Not that Into You?

There's this part of the film where two women talk about the different lines guys use to break up.:
"He'll tell me 'Oh. You're too good for me.' Or!- 'You'll make someone else really happy. He'll be lucky to have you."
   "Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you feel good about yourself. But then you realize, 'That could've been you!"
This is how job hunting feels like- I'm good enough, but for someone else. I'll get a job, I will. Because I'm a hard worker, competent, and intelligent. I just...okay. I'll wait. I can keep waiting. You're right.

Whoever will hire me will be lucky to have me.

...I wish you wanted to be the lucky one. I must have bad taste, or something.

How is this a teaching tidbit (TTB)? Aren't TTBs on Fridays? It's Saturday today.

Because wanting a job that seems 'perfect' for me, well, it may not be. I don't have to learn why I'm fit for the job. I just have to learn to move on. To keep looking. Maybe it'll find me. Maybe it won't. Still, a couple bad experiences don't dictate every other experience I'll ever have.

There's still reason to hope.

I'm only two years into job hunting. The way I see it, I'm a sophomore in job hunting. So...two more years.

Yay.

----

I'm not going to pretend. I didn't read my Bible at all this week. Actually, no- I take that back. I read my Bible last Monday. I don't remember what I read though. Admittedly, I have been preoccupied, obviously meditating on thoughts I shouldn't entertain.

I guess that's another thing I have to learn. If I expect to do this every Saturday, I need to be prepared to do it. I have to prepare throughout the week. I need to plan better. Okay. I can do that. It's a new week tomorrow. I got this.

Tomorrow, too, you'll get your song [:

No comments:

Post a Comment