Pages

project your goodness; you never know who will see.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

republished.

'talk less; listen more' -FB note (31 July 2012)

distracted by my dignity
there's nothing left but misery.
so swollen with my pride
now i've nowhere left to hide.
i am terribly frightened
although i've been slightly enlightened;
not breaking barriers
and certainly not creating warriors.
just getting warier.

i'm afraid my innocence is indecent,
playing too close to ignorance
blissfully choosing mediocrity,
adding doses to my hypocrisy,
pretending to understand
making everyone believe i can.
so now i'm lying through my teeth
and feel so sorrowfully beaten.
but any pity you think you owe me
reserve for the ones who beg for it.
because now i am overstepping my limited limits
and proceeding without delay into the great, wide world--
not to correct it,
nor to restore it,
and hardly to be it,
but to watch it, learn from it and, most certainly, enjoy it

but enjoying does not mean deploying my morality.
for instead of protection inside a bubble i'll wear Otherworldly steel
to combat everything that claims to be real.

this is more than a feeling,
more than a thought.
it's the possession of a hoe: watch me as i till the earth!

feeling!
tilling!
feeling!
tilling!
i am tilling with feeling!
i am hearing with beating!
i am watching and coming!
i am learning and teaching!
i am caring and nursing!
feeling!
tilling! tilling! tilling!
i am enjoying and discerning.
planting and watering,
but not always tilling, tilling, tilling!
because this world also requires harvesting and tending!
so no distraction ought to ever sanction
my dignity's overarching plea.

my Otherworldly armor will never fail me--
for it is not just my protection 
it also serves as a weapon
against the joys that i might worship
the treasures i might covet
and the people i might murder.

feeling!
tilling!
harvesting!
tending!
O, i am being! 

i am called onward!
now i must move
away from my depression!
away from my conceit!
away from the bacteria that insists upon obscuring everything that's created me:
the Bad and the Good,
for sometimes the Bad becomes Good 
and the Good becomes Bad.
never a matter of balance--
always a matter of discernment

which leads to
dignity as a distraction, misery and pride,
of course i've no where left to hide!
because learning always requires reviews:
i pardon the lesson learned fifty times;
i do not pardon the lesson never learned.

so with steel as armor and hoe;
so with seeds as lessons and dirt as the road
thus begins the journey into Eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment