Pages

project your goodness; you never know who will see.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Forward

Regret and worry are very funny emotions. They like to keep a person busy but completely unproductive. The only things regret and worry produce are heart attacks, sleeplessness and indigestion.

Regret and worry like to make themselves, not only present, but very necessary. But since when've we humans ever considered heart attacks, sleeplessness and indigestion necessary?! If anything, they are great nuisances!

However, that does not make regret and worry any less absent from our lives--regret and worry are very good at disguising themselves as caution and love. 

Caution is fine! When it is used wisely: discernment. Unwisely? Fear.

Love is better! When given wisely: kindness, adoration, gratitude; things of the like. Unwisely? Infatuation.

We so easily justify our maniacal cautiousness and oppressive love. I so easily justify myself...




A couple nights ago I accidentally deleted both of my blogs.

"Accidentally?" you ask.

"Yes," I reply. "Very accidentally."

By deleting an e-mail account I unintentionally deleted the blogs. So upon deciding to alter a blog entry I discovered their premature nonexistence. My heart nearly stopped. I almost screamed. I sobbed, but immediately felt at ease. 

A very strange easiness.

I was oddly comforted by the fact that God knew this would happen and humanly speaking (although I know no other way to speak) that is a provocative statement in itself: You're okay- at ease with God's knowledge? Why didn't he-?

No. 

I am incredibly eased by God's foreknowledge.

I lost both of my blogs, one of which I'd had going for the better half of three years, but an hour after such a loss I made a new blog: this one. 

Whatever readers I did have, I need not worry how poorly they'll think of me. I also need not regret any of my lost entries. My thoughts are still mine, digital or mental. 

And besides, what a perfect time to start fresh! To spring forward!


No, I have no idea what it's like to worry about my next meal, or where I might sleep tonight.

I have no idea what it's like to be any criminal's hostage.

No idea what it's like to search for a kidnapped child.

But my God is King over all the earth.

If you'd suggest to me that the kind of people above have greater reason to worry or regret I would agree with you. But I've also known, or at least heard, of people who were made stronger by these situations. Who always understood that regret and worry, while inevitable, could be controlled. 

We need only move forward.

My life is much bigger than two blogs. 

Our lives are much bigger than our regrets and worries; we can triumph them without God, yes?- so how much more triumphant can we be with God?




Psalm 47.2--For the LORD, the Most High, is to be feared,a great king over all the earth.



Good morning [:

No comments:

Post a Comment